Tuesday, December 3, 2013

BodySwapMeet.Com: Mother's Little Helper


"Kevin, You can't wear that bra with that dress! and You shouldn't be wearing that dress anyway, it's last season's look!!" Kevin shook his head in exasperation, "Karen, I asked you for help an hour ago but you were to busy screwing around with candy crush to help me even after I helped you pick out clothes for my body to wear to this stupid party tonight. Mom took us down to Bodyswapmeet.com so that we could understand each other better and help each other more. She is totally willing to leave us this way past the weekend if she doesn't think we have made any progress so unless you want to be me for the rest of the semester stop being so selfish!" Karen huffed, her twin brother had never spoken to her that way before, normally he was content to bury his nose in a book and lock himself in his room with his science and math junk. "Jeez, you don't have to be so bitchy about it," emphasizing the word 'bitchy', "You got the best of this deal anyway, you went from world class dork to the most popular person in school in the matter of minutes!" Kevin wheeled on his sister, almost loosing his balance in his heels, "Oh right I should be looking at the bright side of being in my sister's body! Do you know how hard it is to shave your legs or put on clothes when you are trying not to look at your body. I swear I don't know how Mom thought this wouldn't be traumatizing." Karen leaned against the counter, "Well maybe Mom wants you to see what it's like to have a geeky embarrassing brother." She said it quietly, almost as though she wished she hadn't said it out loud. Kevin slumped down on to the toilet seat lid, "I see. I am the problem. It has nothing to do with your obsession with appearance and that you can't just accept your own brother for who he is. I support you when you do cheer-leading and volleyball even though I think sports are dumb. I am in the stands rooting for you because you are my sister. When my friends call you an air headed bimbo I stick up for you, but when your friends call me a dork and a loser, you just laugh right along and treat me like I am some kind of curse! Well my dear sister, you are going to find out that it is a lot harder to make friends as a dorky guy than it is as the Queen of the popular kids. I am going to treat you just like you treat me. Now if you will excuse me I need to find something else to wear!" With that Kevin ran out of the bathroom and slammed the door to his room behind him. A second later he exited his room and went in to Karen's, slamming that door as well. Karen was not used to being shouted at, especially by someone wearing her face. Kevin's words stung, she had never really thought about how her actions affected him or really anyone, maybe she had been selfish. She turned to see her brother in the mirror, she had picked out his best shirt and jeans. She had done his hair right. Kevin had never looked better. Karen decided that no she wasn't wrong, that it was easy to be popular and that she could be the center of attention no matter what body she was in.


Karen stood off to the side in what was easily the worst night of her life, as she watched her brother dance in her body wearing her new black dress. As soon as she walked through the door she met with the scorn that Kevin received every day. The first person she saw was her best friend Debbie. "Hi Debbie, how's it going?" Debbie looked at "Kevin" with disdain, "What are you doing here dork?" from behind her she heard her "sister", "Hey Debs, my mom made me bring the loser with me. Hopefully he won't embarrass me to much tonight. Come on lets go talk about clothes and make up!" Karen's night got worse from there, every time she tried to talk to some one she was scoffed at as a "nerd" or "dork". The confidence she had started with had now turned to dread. Karen put her last hopes in showing Kevin up when she tried to chat up Lori Chan, who she knew Kevin had a crush on despite her clear dislike of him. Lori was giving Karen the brush off when a bump from behind sent her punch glass all over Lori's white dress. Everyone was laughing at "Kevin" as Lori shouted at him. Kevin couldn't stand to watch his sister be humiliated despite how much he was enjoying it. "Karen" the Queen Bee stuck up for her brother for the first time, putting a stop to Lori's shower of profanity, "Give the dork a brake Lori, it's his first time out interacting with normal human beings and not those freaks he calls friends. Besides he did you a favor, that dress is SO last season." Every one was now laughing at Lori giving Karen a chance to slink away from the scene. Karen was shocked at how easy Kevin had shot off that zinger. It was something she would have said, if she had ever bothered to stick up for her brother. Karen had a lot of thinking to do and apologies to give to Kevin once they got home. Once she got her body back she would make sure that she would start being a much better sister. Kevin on the other hand was thinking less about reconciliation and more about how to convince his mother to extend his stay in his sister's body, to make sure she had learned her lesson of course.

5 comments:

  1. Wxcellent story & usse of pic. How long does Kevin get to be Karen? He seems to make a better Karen then she does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I am on the look out for another picture to follow up. I don't think Kevin will keep it forever, but a bit longer to make sure Karen's really really learns her lesson.

      Delete
  2. Very nice short story! It really fit the pictures and drove the point home! Kevin is obviously a much nicer person than Karen. I hope that she really learns her lesson before she gets her body back!

    ReplyDelete